ATV Safety Tips: Riding with a Child
Families all over the country make the trip to Phoenix to escape everyday life and make some memories together. With that comes lots of outdoor fun, including an off-road excursion in an ATV. At Sand Highway RV Rentals, our UTVs and ATVs take the exploration of wide open spaces to the next level and come equipped with fuel cans and a trailer for transport. Families love taking out an ATV or UTV and enjoying time together on the sand. However, there are some guidelines you need to know before heading out.
If you have small children, it’s especially important to keep the following in mind:
- How old a child has to be to ride differs from state to state, usually around 12 years old. However, generally speaking, if the child can’t reach the grab bar or set their feet flat on the floor, they’re too small.
- Every passenger should wear a helmet on every ride, without exception.
- Consider also using neck collars for kids to protect their head from bouncing around and straining their necks.
- Use goggles to protect against dust and debris.
- Wear your seatbelt at all times.
- Never tow children on sleds behind the UTV or ATV.
- Always keep hands and arms inside the vehicle.
In Case of EmergencyHopefully, your ride goes smoothly and you won’t need this, but it is always best to be prepared. Make sure to have a first aid kit for minor injuries, and a means of easily calling for help if something more serious happens. Check the cell service in the area before you ride, to ensure it’s strong enough to get a call out if necessary.
ATV and UTV Rentals
At Sand Highway RV Rentals, we know that ATVs can be great fun for the entire family, as long as everyone is safe. Follow our guidelines to ensure everyone is safe and having a blast! Browse our full selection of ATV & UTV rental options in Phoenix, AZ, and contact us at (602) 730-4505, or make a reservation online.